Saturday, February 7, 2015

Storify Assignment- Kelsey Leck


This experience was definitely interesting, because it combined so many different elements of media. I think it's a great way to present information from many different sources in many different formats. Storify is probably one of the better ways to read the news, because it has something for every kind of readers: visuals, text in a social media writing style, and links to news articles as well as blogs. So, since people learn and take in information in unique ways, I think that Storify does the best job of addressing a larger percentage of the online audience than typical news stories.

I think that the biggest challenge for me with this assignment was that I expected there to be a huge discussion after the event, where I could pull multiple contrasting opinions and make my story really interesting. There definitely was not as much debate as I expected, so the Storify is mainly news agencies reporting on the talks without very much follow-up or analysis. I tried to make it a little more interesting by collecting articles and tweets from news agencies from the main countries/regions involved, so at least it would be interesting to compare how they presented the facts and what each country considered important to report on.

No comments:

Post a Comment