Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Ali's Glass Process Video



So as a second semester senior, my process video naturally focused on alcohol. Kidding...sort of.

I actually found this assignment rather fun compared to when I was just getting used to the device. Teaching my subject how to use glass wasn't as hard as I thought it might be, once we got past the whole "extend video" part. The main issue he ran into was not being able to tell if what he was doing was actually in the frame of what he was recording, which I totally understood because my first time using glass I had the same problem. I was able to see how glass might be more useful than I had originally given it credit for, though. Watching someone do something from the first person perspective really does change a story.

The only difficulties I ran into editing the video involved audio. We did two takes of making the drink, and it seemed like every time I liked the audio, the visual wouldn't be up to par, and vice versa. This probably could have been remedied by him explaining the process once through without actually doing it, so I could match that audio up with the video later.

No comments:

Post a Comment