Saturday, April 4, 2015

Timeline



Although I've never used Timeline before, I didn't think it was too difficult to use. I think it's a really useful multimedia skill to have so I'm happy I was able to use it. I think it would be a cool thing to include for a Brown & White essay or assignment.

I think one of the toughest things was putting links in the media section. Like Austin, I couldn't find out how to use the Flickr images for my timeline. I found a lot of good pictures on the site, but I didn't see how to embed them. Therefore, most of my media came from Getty Images (which was much easier to use), youtube or wikipedia. I liked including youtube videos in my timeline because many of the events during the Bush presidency included speeches, which I think are best shown through video. I wasn't a huge fan of finding tweets and embedding them, so I stuck with more visuals. In terms of finding timeline information on Bush's presidency, I also compared different sites with different timelines to see what each had in common. Overall, I like timeline and will probably use it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment