Saturday, April 4, 2015

Emilie's Timeline



This is my first time using timeline and I think it'd be a cool tool to use for certain news stories, and maybe even on the Brown and White for some events. I did mine on the history of same-sex marriages in the U.S. over the past 25 years and found it interesting while doing my research. I found multiple timelines on the web with different information so I compared them and complied the most important information into my timeline. I didn't know much about which about the history of marriage legalization by state so I actually learned a lot while doing the research.

The thing I disliked about using timeline was the tediousness and inflexibility of using a Google document. Although it is helpful because it produces the timeline automatically, I don't really like using google documents for multimedia work. However, I was able to find images on both flickr and Getty pretty easily and imbed them in the document. There were one or two events in my timeline that couldn't really tell a visual story so I had a tough time finding pictures for those. I think it would be best to use timeline for an event that is really visual and can share the story with just one image.

No comments:

Post a Comment