Friday, March 13, 2015

Sam's Professor Video




After I finished the video and tweeted out the pitch it totally slipped my mind to write this reflection, my apologies!!

I've learned a lot about how to edit the video together so it looks as seamless as possible. But I've also come to realize that it starts in the filming. I think the more I'm able to coach my interview subject and ask the right questions, the easy it'll be to edit it more fluidly.

The most important thing I learned was to leave a little space. I became too attached to all of the things my subject had said. I needed to learn how to cut out some of the less exciting things (which I didn't even realize weren't as important) and give the video some room to breathe.

I like the shot of him in his office and I think I did a good job asking him a variety of questions (that I had prepared beforehand) that I was able to edit the video into a few different themes. I liked the angles I was able to get of him in the classroom, it was a lot of pressure and a little scary to record him during class but I think it really paid off in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment