Monday, February 9, 2015

Ali's Live Tweet Assignment

This assignment was a bit of a challenge for me. I wanted to stick to the theme of my curation assignment, but this might not have been the best idea. If there isn't a big noteworthy scientific event going on (i.e.: rocket launch, AAAS conference, nobel prize speech) it can be difficult to find something happening in real time that would be interesting to tweet about. I decided on doing a podcast from the American Association for the Advancement of Science. It contained the latest in science news and a guest speaker on a new study and its implications. I found it difficult to live tweet, considering the amount of information being shared, and the technical nature of that information. Unlike a fun entertainment event, the podcast made me focus on the accuracy of tiny details and trying to convey them quickly and understandably to my followers. If I live tweet again, It will definitely be for something a little less wordy and a little more friendly to being compacted for twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment