Monday, February 9, 2015

Danielle's live tweets




I'm used to live tweeting at this point, and think it can be a really useful tool when many people are talking about an event on social media. In this instance, I wasn't totally interested in what I was tweeting about and it didn't have much substance, but people were definitely talking about it using the #FashionPolice hashtag. My Twitter feed was updating pretty consistently throughout, but all of the comments were from regular Twitter users, so lots of spelling/grammatical errors that I didn't want to retweet. These people probably don't have experience with live tweeting.

Anyway, I like live tweeting. I think that you have to really think about what you want to say and once you tweet it, there's no editing. It is a quick process, so doing your best to pick and choose the most important things is necessary. I struggled this time around just because I felt like there was not a lot of variation in what I was tweeting about, and I got bored with my own tweets. Had I chosen an event that was more substantial, I don't think it would have had any issues. I think I tweeted the right amount, not every single quote or thought, but the memorable stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment