Monday, February 9, 2015

Austin's live-tweeting assignment

I used the Brown and White Sports Twitter account to live-tweet the Lehigh men's lacrosse season opener on Saturday, Feb. 7 at home.



Since I have been live-tweeting games for a little over a year now, I have gotten a lot of experience doing stuff like this. I did most of the men's lacrosse games last year and had a lot of fun with them, but it had been a while since I'd done it for a lacrosse game so I was a little rusty there.

I felt like I tweeted around the right amount of times, but it took me a bunch of times to get to this point. For lacrosse, I usually do a tweet for each goal and at the end of each quarter, but sometimes it can be hard if there isn't a lot of scoring in a quarter. For example, there was only one goal in the first quarter, so I had to come up with other things to say so I didn't go too long without tweeting. I didn't really do any retweets of other accounts since not many people were also live-tweeting the event, which happens when you cover a smaller event like this. In the future I need to do that more often though.

No comments:

Post a Comment