Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Gaby's Live Blog

Live blog of "Empowering Women Engineers"

After finally choosing an event and going, live blogging was a pretty cool experience. I think I like it more than live tweeting because you don't have to worry about the length of the message and of crowding people's twitter feeds. I also like that you can back edit typos (which happen too often when you're typing quickly).

Although I like it more, I think it would serve well as a platform to not only report but also inject analysis or opinion to. With live tweeting, it's best if you just report facts, but with live blogging, those facts can be accompanied by this type of commentary. Besides that, they pretty much do the same thing and the medium might just be left up to personal preference in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment